In June of 2012, My wife, Amy, and I managed to find the place that best fit our dreams of affordable home ownership and a strong sense of community when we arrived here in Huntersville. This might be considered the culmination of an epic journey across the country for me.
I was born in Sioux Falls, SD to my parents, David and Annetta and I am their only child. My family moved to Wyoming while I was still quite young then later onto Colorado where I spent the majority of my formative years and early adulthood. I have also lived in Texas, Florida and Maryland.
I attended Columbia College and graduated with a degree in Business Administration and Computer Information Systems. I now have over 20 years of experience in the Information Technology field and, having spent the last 10 years as a consultant, I have a vast array of experience in a number of different industries such as; retail, finance, insurers, government, oil, and manufacturing. I will be able to use this experience to help businesses in our community understand what does and doesn't work to help them excel and better serve our community.
I look forward to serving the people and working to give Huntersville a better future.
* Working with our neighboring communities to identify innovative new ideas to address our infrastructure and transportation concerns.
* Revisit the Huntersville 2030 long term growth plan and ensure that the necessary guidelines put in place to are being followed and place a greater emphasis on "Green Building".
* Working with CMS to identify areas of improvement to ensure that all of our children receive the high quality education they deserve.
Information Services and Technology Advisory Committee (ISTAC) of Mecklenburg County
Active volunteer with Habitat for Humanity
5-year participant in the All In to Fight Cancer event
* Democrats of North Mecklenburg
* Democratic Women of Mecklenburg County
In an effort to be as transparent as possible, I am uploading all of the various questionnaires that I have filled out during my campaign.