In June of 2012, My wife, Amy, and I managed to find the place that best fit our dreams of affordable home ownership and a strong sense of community when we arrived here in Huntersville. This might be considered the culmination of an epic journey across the country for me.
I was born in Sioux Falls, SD to my parents, David and Annetta and I am their only child. My family moved to Wyoming while I was still quite young then later onto Colorado where I spent the majority of my formative years and early adulthood. I have also lived in Texas, Florida and Maryland.
I attended Columbia College and graduated with a degree in Business Administration and Computer Information Systems. I now have over 20 years of experience in the Information Technology field and, having spent the last 12 years as a consultant, I have a vast array of experience in a number of different industries such as; retail, finance, insurers, government, oil, and manufacturing. I will be able to use this experience to help businesses in our community understand what does and doesn't work to help them excel and better serve our community.
I look forward to serving the people and working to give Huntersville a better future.
* Working with our neighboring communities to identify innovative new ideas to address our infrastructure and transportation concerns.
* I will stand up for the at-risk community by continuing to advocate for our area non-profits and continue to push for the passage of a Non-Discrimination Ordinance.
* Focus on bringing more sidewalks to make our Huntersville a more walk-able community and make it easier to get to our revitalized downtown!
* Addressing the needs of our Police Department and helping them to find and retain the best personnel to serve and protect our community.
* Actively pursue transportation improvements to relieve congestion and expand options for all Huntersville residents.
* Work to significantly expand the current Greenway and Bike Trails system in Huntersville
Graduate of the Huntersville 101 Class
Graduate of the Huntersville Citizen's Police Academy
Past volunteer with Habitat for Humanity
Active volunteer with Angles & Sparrows
Active volunteer with Bags of Hope
Current Member of the Huntersville Ordinance Advisory Board
Active member of the Democrats of North Mecklenburg
Past Precinct 241 Vice Chair
Active member of the North Mecklenburg Progressives
Member of the NAACP
Associate member of the Democratic Women of Mecklenburg County
Associate member of the African American Caucus of the
Mecklenburg County Democratic Party
Associate Member of the LGBTQ Democrats of North Carolina
Member of the ACLU
Past member - Information Services and Technology Advisory Committee (ISTAC) of Mecklenburg County
* Democrats of North Mecklenburg
* Democratic Women of Mecklenburg County
In an effort to be as transparent as possible, I am uploading all of the various questionnaires that I have filled out during my campaign.
11708 Warfield Ave, Huntersville, North Carolina 28078, United States